Let's go 'bananas' for Muffins
18 Jan 2022
Muffins make everyone happy, but these ones in particular make our gut bacteria extremely happy! Make yourself a batch of freshly baked double banana & choc muffins!
Ingredients / yield 5 medium muffins
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed.
- 2/3 cup Dhow Nature Foods green banana flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar & stevia
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut cider vinegar (or acv)
- Preheat the oven to 180c (160c fan-forced).
- Mix flax meal and water in a small bowl and let it sit.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients as well as the mixture from step 2 into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and transfer to the muffin tray. Sprinkle some almond meal on top for the aesthetics ✨
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, let them cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe by @soulsfood_nutrition