Raspberry, Choco Hazelnut & Vanilla Dessert Jars!
Chia Seeds are one of the richest sources of Omega-3 fats, usually found in eggs, meat or dairy products. Its a totally natural plant-based source and you can have it in a delicious dessert!
For the chocolate hazelnut sand:
1 cup ground hazelnuts
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1.5-2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the vanilla cream:
250g thick coconut yoghurt
1/2 tsp - 1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
For the raspberry chia layer:
350g frozen raspberries
3 tbsp Dhow chia seeds
Squeeze lemon juice
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Start by making the raspberry layer. Gently heat the raspberries in a pan, until the fruit is softened and broken down. Remove from the hob, then stir in the chia seeds, lemon juice, maple syrup to taste and vanilla. Set aside to thicken for 30 minutes.
2) Now make the chocolate sand. Stir together all ingredients in a bowl, adding maple syrup to taste. Set aside.
3) Whisk together the ingredients for the vanilla cream layer. Adjust sweetness to taste.
4) Layer in jars, starting with 3 tbsp of the chocolate sand. Cover with a few tablespoons of raspberry jam, then the coconut yoghurt later. Repeat.
5) Enjoy any leftover chia jam on toast!